Thursday, January 29, 2009

DisneyLand.....

The Happiest place on earth

We spent a week in California. Three days were spent at Disney land, one day at Knotts berry farm. We had so much fun! Here is the interesting thing about this trip. It was last minute and we went with my ex husband and his wife and all of our children. Yes I know this is unusual. For our strange family this is really quite normal. I feel very lucky to have such a great relationship with both of them. I really must say that Wendy is one of my favorite people. She is very kind and very fun to be around. I think that this is how all divorced families should be. My children are so much more adjusted. They don't have to worry about causing bad feelings or feeling guilty because they enjoy their time out to their dads. When Gregg and Wendy called to invite us, it made me feel good that they would invite us on their vacation. They must really like us. I really do think a good time was had by all.I have waited my whole life to see this castle
Ty needed a little push to see Mickey
Mickey is one of his favorite cartoons

This is all of us with Minnie...What a happy family...or is that strange?

My favorite ride was Splash Mountain. It is Skip's favorite also.
Tate even had fun. Gregg fed him a peice of licorice.





I think Tate enjoyed the characters more than Ty. Or was less afraid.

Ty was so thrilled to see his very favorite car. QUEEN!!!


Ty hated stich
Weston found this hat for Ty. Ty loved it. Me not so much. It was $30.00! I thought it looked cute on Ty and we all had a good laugh. I could not bring myself to buy it however.
They had to settle for good ol' Mickey mouse ears.
All the kids at toon town. Man I wish that were a real cage.


I loved pluto. He was really cute with the kids

Again Tate enjoyed the characters, He was not afraid at all.

Ty did love Donald.

This is all the kids at Knotts berry farm.
Ty and Skip met Snoopy.
Ty loved him too.
Thanks to all the older kids for their help with Ty and Tate. Thank you Wendy, I would never have been able to go on so many rides if you were not so willing to babysit. Thanks Gregg for inviting us to crash your trip. This was really one of the best vacations. We had so much fun and really did enjoy the company.

6 comments:

Tiffany Robinson said...

Adilyn and I really liked all the disney pictures of fun...she wanted to see them over and over. It looks like Tate just loved their big noses. HA! That is so amazing that you could have such an incredible experience with all your kids and even the Ex.

Lori said...

Amy you are amazing! I love what an example you all are, if only all divorced families were as happy as yours and Gregg's. Jackson was so excited to see your pictures, now I am hearing, Lets go to Disneyland. I am glad you all had a great time.
Love you!

Beth schell said...

It looks like y'all had a blast! How fun for everyone!

tiffany said...

I think it is fantastic that you can get along with the ex! He is even holding little Tate in the one picture!

Suzie said...

Yep, I am jealous! Looks like you all had a fantastic time!

Kristin said...

How fun! You know I don't think you're weird...I have always admired you guys for the way you have handled being divorced. I tell people all the time about you guys! You are the perfect example of putting your kids first. I miss you! Haven't seen you in forever it seems like...all the kids are getting so grown up, makes me a little sad. Looks like you guys are doing good...I am happy for you...love you!